2017 Recap

Boy. This was a pretty emotional year for me. I'm 19 right now, and MAN, I had to deal with some huge after high school depression this year. I didn't even like High School that much. However, was 2017 better than last year, where pariahs became presidents, gorillas get shot and praised, social justice goes apeshit and ruins everything, and celebrities die. Um...I don't know.

This year,  nobody did shut up about our president, male celebrities were revealed to be molesters or some shit, starting with the man who stole all the Oscars, two rockstars killed themselves (R.I.P Bennington and Cornell, two legends, I hope Heaven has a place for them.), social justice and society made you hear about "equality and female empowerment" every week, a complete bitch like Danielle Brugoli became famous by middle school morons, rapists became popular rappers and hit the charts, and we let a Naked Brother turn Light Yagami into a complete pussy and a loser. Oh, and Katy Perry became nothing now.

But for the good things, Samurai Jack came back for an AMAZING final season, Hey Arnold got its finale, Wonder Woman proved that you can make a female superhero movie without all those "empowerment" cliches, with the director of Monster, Kendrick Lamar proved Rap still has it, superhero movies had a GREAT year with Logan, Thor Ragnarok and Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. II, Harvey Weinstein, again, will stop taking Oscars from better films, while karma bit him in the ass,  Kesha pulled a 360 with Rainbow,  Stranger Things Season 2 was awesome, and a lot of good things in pop culture.

But for me, while I did have some emotional moments, I still had some great moments. I graduated high school, I went to two CA conventions, and meeting guests like Robert Englund and Summer Glau, which will be on another post, seeing Muse, who were AMAZING, and 30 Seconds To Mars live...and that's all I got.

Yeah, I want to make 2018 a better year for me.

But now, I made a tradition, every year, I recap all the things I've watched or done this year, with various medias. I'm not doing films, since I keep a separate list for that. Yes, I really love making lists for some reason. But here, let's begin, with something I did more of this year: album listening. Here's all the albums I've heard this year, and some are just WTF choices looking back.

The Weeknd - Starboy
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
2pac - All Eyes On Me
Happy Flowers - Oof (from RYM, I don't know why)
Twenty-One Pilots - Blurryface
Nas - Illmatic
Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
Madonna - Like A Virgin (Yeahh...I did)
Nelly Furtado - Whoa Nelly
Beyoncé - Dangerously In Love
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
Moby - Play
Evanescence - Fallen 
Gorillaz (2001 Album, though this was a relisten)
No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
Radiohead - Kid A
Bjork - Homogenic
Nelly Furtado - Folklore
Rita Ora - Ora (This was just a playlist I pretended was the album, and BTW, it sucked) 
The Police - Ghost In The Machine
Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair
Ke$ha - Animal
Green Day - Dookie
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Kesha - Rainbow
Tyler The Creator - Goblin 
Shakira - Laundry Service
Green Day - American Idiot
Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual (Yeah, I just wanted to hear an 80's album)
Weezer - The Blue Album
Slick Rick - The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick
Jojo (2004..and another odd one)
System Of A Down - Toxicity
Jewel - Pieces Of You
Josh Groban - Closer (YEAHH..)
My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Lily Allen - Alright, Still
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
The Strokes - Is This It
Kanye West - The College Dropout
Marilyn Manson - Portrait Of An American Family
Tyler The Creator - Flower Boy
The Who - Who's Next
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Kendrick Lamar - Damn.
Sara Barellis - Little Voice (Other than Love Song, and a couple...ZZZ)
Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
Bruno Mars - 24K Magic
Lupe Fiasco - Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor 
Shakira (2014...and Yee...)
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Kanye West - Late Registration
SZA - CTRL
Kero Kero Bonito - Bonito Generation (Another odd one) 
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Justin Timberlake - Justified
Blink-182 - Enema Of The State
Coldplay - Parachutes
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
David Bowie - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust
Gwen Stefani - This Is What The Truth Feels Like
Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss
Taylor Swift - Fearless
Ellie Goulding - Lights
Sara Evans - Restless
Avril Lavigne - Let Go
Outkast - ATLiens
The White Stripes - White Blood Cells
Bjork - Debut
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory 
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Peter Gabriel - So
Chevelle - Wonder What's Next
The Clash - London Calling
Michelle Branch. The Spirit Room
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Blink-182 (2003 album)
Fifth Harmony - Reflection
Lorde - Pure Heroine
Ramones (1976)
OK Go (2002)
FKA Twigs - LP1
Kanye West - Graduation
The Beatles - Abby Road (My 100th album since 2016)
Miley Cyrus - Bangerz (BLEH)
Michael Jackson - Bad
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
Enya - A Day Without Rain
Gorillaz Humans
Katy Perry - Witness (EWWWW)
Incubus - Make Yourself
The Prodigy - The Fat Of The Land
Radiohead - In Rainbows
King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King
Taylor Swift - 1989
Queen - News Of The World 
Talking Heads - Remain In Light
Vince Staples - Big Fish Theory
Aly & AJ - Insomnia
Daft Punk - Homework
Lorde - Melodrama


Yes...96% of these albums, I've heard for the first time. This year, Homogenic became my favorite album of all time. I can't wait for more next year.

I've binge watched shit all year. But I dedicate this to the shows I've completed. Here are the animated shows I've completed, since I'm a cartoon geek.

Hi Hi Puffy Amiyumi
Phineas & Ferb
Recess
Kim Possible
Regular Show
Gurren Lagan
Cowboy Bebop
El Tigre
Billy & Mandy
The Boondocks

Almost finished with Daria, to begin 2018.

And I've only completed two shows...which were for kids, and for Nostalgia:
Drake & Josh
Thats So Raven

Also, shows I watched on Weekly TV this year.
Samurai Jack
Feud: Bette & Joan
Legion
The Good Doctor (But only the pilot)

And I still watch ABC sitcoms...other than American Housewife, which IS NOT FUNNY. 

I've also played more video games this year. BTW, I'm behind on gaming.
Psychonauts
Max Payne
Bioshock
Tony Hawk Underground
Katamari Damacy (SHORTEST game I ever played)

Finally, who can forget books?
Y: The Last Man - Double Down
Y - Paper Dolls
Y - Kimono Dragons
George Orwell - 1984 (for school) 
H.G Wells - War Of The Worlds
Jules Vernes - Around The World In 80 Days
A Child Called It
Persepolis
Stephen King - It
Stephen King - Carrie 

Yeah, I though there would be more, but meh, I focused on music.

Here's my 2016, from my old dead DA account.

https://thecrappymspainter23.deviantart.com/journal/2016-recap-654763824

See you in 2018, with Infinity War, Incredibles II and other great things.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods (2018) Review

Taylor Swift's 1989 (2014) Review

Little Mix - Salute (2013) Review